Learn how to Bake Chocolate Cake with these simple and easy steps. It could be for the holidays with family and friends or for your prospective clients in 2017.
1.Gather your ingredients.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour cream
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Grease your cake pan.
You can use a round standard cake pan, a square baking dish, a loaf pan, a bundt cake pan, or whatever you have on hand. Make sure to grease it well with butter or cooking spray so the cake won’t stick to the pan when it’s baked.